Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Ugh, Again

Well, it seems that I have done it again.  I haven't posted in, well, a long time.  Last week I had Bronchitis-again.  I was pretty sick and in bed most of the week.  I am glad to say that the previous problem I was having with my intestinal track has relieved somewhat.  (heehee on the choice of words!)  It is not completely fixed but much better.  :-D

I haven't exercised at all.  Unless you count coughing as exercise!  We had an extra child for the weekend and I was chasing after her for two days.  Other than that-nothing.  :(  ugh

I have come to another aha moment though. 

I call it "Why I quit watching Biggest Loser"

I used to love that show.  I still do, mostly.   However, after watching the show I found that would get depressed and down on myself for days afterward.  Everyone sees it as such an inspirational show but it is depressing to me.  I see the people on that show and they are losing amazing amounts of weight and having huge successes and that is great.  Really it is.  But it is not reality.  They are in the gym for 7-8 hours a day with personal trainers and professional nutritionists to help with their food...what do I have?  Not that, that's for sure.  I just have my little own will power and a kitchen full of food that the Biggest Loser people would probably throw away.  I can't keep watching this show.  When I see them losing 10 lbs a week and I lose nothing, it is...ugh, awful. 

I know, I know, it's not fair to compare myself and my life to theirs on the show but I do.  I can't help it.  And when I don't lose any weight in a week I get upset with myself and quit.  How is that helping me?  it isn't.

So, I quit watching it. 

I wish them all well and am glad that they can lose the weight and change their lives.  But it is just not reality. 

Now, if they made a show about moderately overweight, lazy people that lose weight only a few pounds at a time over an excruciatingly long period of time with too many setbacks to count then I'm in! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please talk to me! Encourage me and hold my feet to the fire. But be as sweet as sugar while you do it!!