Friday, November 11, 2011

Checking In

Well, I took almost a week off because I thought my calcium was crashing.  Come to find out-it wasn't.  It is higher than it has been in several years.  That's good news because the running could have sucked it out of my bones causing problems.  So, yay!

The bad news is that my thyroid is very low.  VERY LOW.  So, I had to take some time off to let my body rest and get some more sleep.  I have gotten a new prescription and hopefully it will start working soon.

In the meanwhile I actually ran today.  I completed Week 4 Day 3.  It was a warm up and then running for 3 minutes, walking 1 1/2, running 5 minutes, walking for 2 1/2, then repeating the whole thing.  It was soo hard but I did it.  I felt like I was running through mud.  I did it though.

I still haven't lost any weight.  I am upset by that but I am trying not to focus on that and just focus on getting healthy.  I was reminded that muscle weighs more than fat so it could take a while before I see any changes on that front.  I am noticing that I can run for longer periods without collapsing so that's good!

I will keep woggin(walking and jogging put together) and maybe someday I can actually run a 5k all at once! heehee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please talk to me! Encourage me and hold my feet to the fire. But be as sweet as sugar while you do it!!