Wednesday, January 5, 2011

What a week!

Last week was the final week for our Fit Mommy Challenge and guess what?  I won!!  I really did!  I couldn't believe it.  I am so excited I can hardly stand it.

Then, Sunday night our second oldest got sick.  Not just the I feel puny kind, I mean the throw up every 30 minutes all night long kind.  I got to be up with her-all night.    She continued throwing up the next day until mid-morning.  The next night she was having night terrors and didn't sleep until well after 1am.  Neither did I.

I finally got a full night's sleep last nigh.  But I haven't exercised at all this week.  Unless you count the extreme muscle control it took to not throw up with her!

I also haven't really been eating well this week.  Actually I haven't been eating much at all.  I have been too tired.  I made homemade fettucini alfredo last night and tried to overeat but it just made me sick to my stomach.  The thought of having all that food in my stomach was so unappealing and I couldn't do it. 

Although I haven't exercised this week, I am feeling pretty good about my choices.  I haven't snacked on all the junk food that was left over from our last Christmas and I haven't just sat around eating mindlessly bc I was tired.

Food is fuel.  That doesn't mean it can't be enjoyable, it just means that its first use should be to fuel the temple not to 'make us feel better'.  Food will never fill the empty place in our souls and hearts.  It wasn't intended to.  It was intended to give our bodies energy so that we could fulfill the plans God has for us.

Hopefully that plan for me will not include anyone else in our house getting the stomach flu! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please talk to me! Encourage me and hold my feet to the fire. But be as sweet as sugar while you do it!!