Sunday, October 30, 2011

Where have I been??

Honestly, I am having a hard time keeping up with my life lately.  Each day just seems to vanish into thin air before I can get everything done.  I am struggling with scheduling everything and am forgetting more than I am remembering.

*sigh*

But, I have been working out!  Four weeks ago I started the Couch to 5k program with my oldest dd.  I'm not sure what possessed me to start this program bc I am NOT a runner.  I am seriously uncoordinated when it comes to running.  Dancing, yeah I can do that; running-not so much.  It hurts and I tend to fall a lot when I try to run.  It looks awkward and people tend to feel sorry for me when I run.

I am not even kidding.

But, I have had this lifelong dream of being able to run.  I see people out there running effortlessly and I long to be able to do that.  I want it so much.

So in an effort to get in shape and to try for my dream I have started running.  Okay, it's really more like wogging-a mixture of walking and jogging-but I'm still doing it.  I have been faithful to do it at least three times a week every week except the week I had bronchitis.  It is even getting a little easier as I go along.  I couldn't do it though w/o my daughter.  She is an encourager when I need and a drill sergeant when I get whiny and want to quit. 


I have also been using the My Fitness Pal app on my phone.  It is a fitness and calorie counter that has helped me realiz all that I am putting into my mouth everyday.  You can check it out at Myfitnesspal.com.

I am going to try and post more often.  ;-)

How is your fitness plan going?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please talk to me! Encourage me and hold my feet to the fire. But be as sweet as sugar while you do it!!